Thursday, July 24, 2008

Beauty and the Beast Costumes- Update 4

First off I have a glimpse at Gaston's evolving costume...I'm quite pleased with how it's turning out so far. And the vambraces are a big hit!
Here is a peek at some of the rough sketching I do. I don't always sketch a costume- but sometimes I need to get a feel for the shape of something like the Beast's collar, or plot out Mrs. Pott's dress, or simply write down measurements for something more fitted, like Gaston's tunic. (All sketched below)
We are working on the Beast's crown below...originally it had blue, green and red stones, but our Beast didn't really like the red and green, so I painted over those. You can barely tell! And then we're going to do some more "antiquing" work to make it look less plastic-y.
I've had some lovely ladies who have put the finishing touches on the Pepper:
And the Salt:
Here is Salt's jacket. We cut out the lining to create more room and breathability, then lengthed and added to the cuffs.

More, of course, coming soon!

And in other news, I was finally able to actually see Beauty and the Beast performed on stage tonight. Another community group (more professional than us- they actually had a theatre!) was performing and a bunch of us when down to watch them. We had a blast!


1 comment:

Abby said...

I love, love, love them! Brilliant, Elena!