Thursday, February 20, 2014

So I am turning 25 today

You know how every year you hit that new age and it's like "wow, how can I be this old?" And some years it's less of a thing and other years it's more of a thing?

25 feels like a thing to me.

I don't usually make a big deal (personally) about my birthday online because it seems like attention-seeking. And with my wedding and all I've had more than my share of attention!

But I feel like 25 is worth marking. It's a quarter of a century and it's the age when (supposedly) your brain really solidifies. You're past the college-aged group and expected to really be one of the adults now.

Of course, I don't feel like an adult. Birthdays aren't magical in that way. What they are significant for is forcing you to think about your life, where you are at, your expectations, your attitude and -

Oh let's face it, any excuse for a party is a good one, right?!? ;)

2 comments:

Matthew Bowman said...

Woo-hoo! PARTY IN THE HAJEK HOUSE!

Andy Hauge said...

Ah, shoot. This means my 25 is coming soon!