Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Hearing Aids and Facebook


So, first off, I thought I'd share this photo my mom took from my hearing aid fitting this morning. Second pair of aids, definite improvement in sound quality but still some issues we're working out. Praying that that'll be easily resolved so that I can have reliable new aids because my current ones are 9 years old! 

Also, my audiologist told me that he's never seen anyone with such a profound hearing loss function so well lipreading. So that was kind of an awesome perk to my day after the dress of dealing with the programming.

THEN I have finally converted my facebook page to allow for public followers. I'm at the point where I'm getting more and more friend requests from people that I know are probably followers of my blogs but aren't people I know offline, and with "The Mermaid and the Unicorn" publication coming up, I'm guessing that this phenomenon will continue to grow. (Hopefully it will!). I thought about creating a separate author page, but the research I did indicated that it'd be better and easier for the people I'm already friends with just to keep it all in one place. (I've set up some different lists so I can still keep family things more private and such) So we're going to try that. And I'd like to invite you to be among the first to officially follow me on Facebook!

No comments: